Thursday, February 14, 2013

Why im Sharing my do's and dont's

I have been in business of about 10 years I started out with my first shop called Adies Attic Scrapbooking. As I began that adventure I had no idea how much time and energy opening your own business entailed. I would get to work at 8:00 so that I could open at 9:00, I had a new baby at this time also. Boy what was I doing.. I brought my baby and my 3year old to work with me and set up a playroom so they could be there and I wouldnt have to send them to a babysitter and opening your own business who could afford a babysitter. I would close at 5 or 6 if I had a customer. I would never leave a customer needing something if I could help it so I would stay as late as they needed me. After closing I would clean the shop, pickup the playroom, and make sure I stayed ahead on my books which meant staying until at least 7:00 every night..Was I ready for this I wasnt Sure.

So my first do is if you have small children make sure you know how they will be cared for..

My first dont is: Dont rush into a bussiness be aware that it take alot  of time and energy. Be prepared to start with 15hour days if you cant make that committment take a second look at what you are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment